Data management is the process of gathering, storing, and subsequently making use of data in a safe, effective, and affordable way. The goal of data management is to help individuals, organizations, and connected things make decisions. They take actions that maximize the benefit to the organization while adhering to policy and regulations. As companies increasingly rely on intangible assets to generate value, a solid data management strategy is becoming increasingly crucial.
Various duties, rules, processes, and practices are part of an organization’s digital data management strategy. A wide range of issues is covered by data management, including:
- Create, access, and update data across a diverse data tier
- Store data across multiple clouds and on premises
- Provide high availability and disaster recovery
- Use data in a growing variety of apps, analytics, and algorithms
- Ensure data privacy and security
- Archive and destroy data in accordance with retention schedules and compliance requirements